September 21, 2014

Falling over Fall


"I'm so glad I live in a world where there's October's" ~L.M. Mongomery


Fall is my FAVORITE time of year. Yes, that is all caps because I mean it!  It is a short lived season but filled with oh so many goodies!! Ummm, let's see, there's fairs, apple picking, pumpkins, warms foods, and "cuddling up with a blanket and book" kind of nights. The list just goes on!! There's something in the air that just inspires you to get up and move. Do you feel it? It's like a charge, a bolt of electricity that just makes you want to save people, stop world hunger, start world peace! Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic (just a little) but, you get the idea :). 
Strolling around my neighborhood the other day, I couldn't help but stop and take pictures of the leaves. 



There was something about them that made me smile. It was a perfect (almost fall) morning. Just the right amount of chill and sun. The air smelled so crisp and breathing it in charges me for the day. Like a meditation (but I'll get into that another day). It was the perfect setting for a yard sale. Which is just what we did. By "we" I mean my Grams, Chesney (my furry companion) and I. Here she is below soaking up that sunshine. Chesney that is, not my Grams. Haha



Isn't she just the cutest! Ugh, I can't stand her cuteness sometimes. Anyways, back to the yard sale. We did pretty well but weren't able to sell it all. I told Grams, it wasn't going back in the house (in my most stern voice, which really isn't all that threatening) We donated the "remains" to a fairly local company that will put the items up for sale at their second hand store. I think it was the changing of the seasons (or my constant persistence) that inspired us to clean house. I went through my things but Grams, man, she went full force. She went through every room of the house, including the attic and the dreaded nooks and crannies of the basement.  It's amazing what you can find when your looking.  She had her mind set, and she dove head first.  I really was proud of her.  

It's time for me to start the day.  So I leave you with one more quote "Autumn is a second spring, when every leaf is a flower" ~Albert Camus.  Pretty huh?!  Happy (almost Fall) everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment