September 27, 2014

One with Mother Nature

"My child, be still.  Breathe.  Look at all the beauty that surrounds you.  Relax, and enjoy my beauty." ~Mother Earth

Mother Earth, Mother Nature.  What do you picture when you hear these words?  Do you picture a beautiful landscape?, the birds?, a globe with hands, legs and a wig?  (Maybe a little exaggeration on the last one)


I started taking Intuitive Development classes and my last class, we were sent home with "homework".  Our mission, Earthing.  Now, I know your scratching your heads, what is Earthing?Simple.  Being one with Mother Earth.  We had to place our bare feet on the ground, and describe what we felt, saw, heard and smelt.  





I chose to do my "Earthing" exercise on the night of the full moon.  The energy is higher during a full moon and it leaves it's effects 3 days before and 3 days after.  Ever notice the energy shift during those times?  If not, start to pay attention.  During a full or new moon, is a good time to release what no longer serves you.  So I thought, what better way to connect with Mother Earth then during the full moon.  Nine O'clock comes around and there I stand, in the back yard, hands on hips, eyes closed, waiting for my messages.  With in minutes, she starting talking.  I received the message above.  "My child.....relax, and enjoy my beauty" (see full message at top of page) The words just come to me like they were being read out of a book.  I could feel the cool breeze blow through my hair and as I breathed it in, a flood of calm came over me.   Then the words stop.  A symphony of crickets soon follow and as I listen to the music, I can feel my feet getting heavy.  Almost as if they were rooted to the ground.  A slight tingling feeling made me lift my feet for comfort.  I open my eyes and look around.  I am surrounded by darkness except for the neighbors lights shinning from all four corners of the yard.  I smiled and felt peaceful as I made my way back into the house.  I am thankful for the experience.  

I try to have moments like this everyday.  Maybe it's the photographer in me.  I can't help but see the beauty Mother Earth provides us every where we go.  From the array of colors on the trees, to the bugs that parade the ground.  (and everything in between)  I just love taking the back roads just for the scenery.  





Live life simply.  Take time to breathe.  If I feel like life is moving to fast.  I take lesson from my pup.  Ever notice how they seem to just enjoy life?  Here she lays, nose to the wind, enjoying the warm breeze.  She surely knows how to sit back and relax.  




Chesney just loves having her picture taken.  I swear she knows, look at those poses!  Anyways, see how relaxed she is.  One with nature!  She could spend hours outside, just laying in the grass, soaking up all that nature has to offer.  

So now I leave you all with homework.  I want you to do some "Earthing".  It doesn't matter what time of day, or where.  You could be driving, working, sitting at home.  If you see something that catches your eye, stop, get out, and enjoy it!  Happy Earthing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment