October 4, 2014

How I use Crystals to heal

"Healing comes when we choose to walk away from darkness and move towards a brighter light" ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf







Hello again!  I'm going to discuss a little bit about my friends, the crystal family.  Now, I know most of you may be thinking....ok, this chick whack, but let me break it down for you.  We all know that Earth is made up of layers, yes?  Well, one of these layers consist of rock, crystals, gems, all the good stuff.  Some of which have been sitting for thousands of years.  People dig up these rocks, gems, crystals.  You probably have one of them sitting on your finger right now!  These are the guys I'm going to be talking about today.  Crystals give off energy, just like everything else in this world.  And, every crystal gives off a different kind of energy.  There are a ton of books out there that teach you about each crystal and what they can be used for, if your looking to dig (haha no pun intended) a little more into it.  HERE and HERE are my two favorites.  I refer to them frequently.  For today, I'm going to focus on a few of the crystals that I use the most.  






From top to bottom we have Clear Quartz, Moonstone, Purple Fluorite, Rose Quartz, Tourmaline, and Rhodochrosite.  All of these stones are often found in many shapes, and sizes.  You can get them in raw form, which means they are in natural state and un polished.  Some can be dangerous in this form, in which, you would have to purchase the polished form.  Tumble stone is another form in which the stone is smooth and polished.  It is the most commonly found form of crystal. 

Clear quartz is a great stone to have around.  It is a master healer and can be used to heal most aliments.  It brings the body to balance.  Most commonly used to help clear and absorb negative energy.  I usually carry this around with me daily.  


Moonstone is mainly used to help the digestive and reproduction organs.  It has also been known to help aid sleep and sleepwalking.  


Fluorite is my stone!  When I hold this stone, I can feel it's energy right away.  I start to feel light headed and usually can't hold it for very long.  Besides it's effect on me, I have a lot of it.  I use Purple Fluorite for spirit communication.  It works with the third eye chakra and can be used during meditation.  Interesting fact: This crystal will actually start to disintegrate with use.  (pretty cool huh?!)


Rose Quartz.  Ahhh Rose Quartz.  Just holding it, you can instantly feel the love.  It's creamy pink color gives off a sense of calm.  Rose Quartz is mainly used for self love, and works best when placed near the heart.  


Tourmaline.  Now, I knew nothing about this crystal when I got it, but I was drawn to it and had to buy it.  Sometimes that just happens.  Crystals "speak" to you.  You may not even realize you needed it.  Anyways, Tourmaline, because of its pretty green color, is used for healing.  It helps to clear "blockages" and create energy flow.  


Rhodochrosite.  Ooo la-la, hold on to your pants! This little "gem" is used to invigorate sexual organs.  Bow-chica-bow-wow!  It also helps to relieve migraines by promoting blood flow.  







This, is my favorite little guy.  It is my pendulum and it is made out of Lepidolite.  We mesh well together.  I use my pendulum to communicate with my Spirit Guides and Angels.  I ask questions, it helps me get answers.  Now, let me side track for a minute.  Pendulums are great tools if used correctly.  You always want to make sure you are calling upon your "white light" team.  Make sure you are in a clear space and you yourself are clear.  If this is not the case, you may not get accurate answers.  Ok, back to the crystal.  It helps to reduce stress and anxiety, stabilizes moods and helps with emotional dependency.  







From top to bottom, Green Jasper, raw Ruby, Tourmaline (again), Onyx and raw Amethyst.  


Jasper is used for courage, assertiveness and stimulates imagination.  Green specifically aids the heart chakra.  Reduces toxicity and inflammation.  It works slowly and is best when placed in a room or specific placement on the body.  

Ruby, yup the same stuff that adorns your jewelry box.  Though, raw, uncut form is far cheaper then the polished version.  Ruby encourages passion for life and improves motivation.  It can be overly stimulating for sensitive people.  Best when placed near the heart, finger or ankle.  

Onyx gives strength.  It supports in stressful, difficult and confusing times.  It balances ying and yang and balances energies with in the body.  Great stone to have on you at all times!

Amethyst.  It relieves physical, emotional and psychological pain or stress.  It boosts production of hormones, tunes the endocrine system and metabolism. Treats insomnia and aids a restful sleep.  On a  more subtle level, it connects and balances mind, body, spirit.  



So, if you decide to acquire some new friends (Crystals I mean) or already have some of your own, care and clearing are very important.  It's always best to keep your crystals in a safe place where they won't get tossed around.  Some are very fragile and can break easily.  You can keep them in a velvet or silk bag, when not in use, to ensure they are safe and don't absorb foreign emanations.  Cleansing your crystals are just as important as storing them.  You want to cleanse them after purchase and before and after each use.  Crystals pick up energy just as well as they give off.  For this reason, if someone else handles your crystals, it is best to cleanse them after.  How do you cleanse?  Well, there are many ways but the easiest would be "smudging" with sage. Or you can hold them in your hand and imagine a white light of little scrub brushes buffing off all the energy it had absorbed. Though,  smudging is little more effective.  It is a simple process of burning sage and passing the stones through the smoke.  




Hope you learned something new today.  If you enjoyed it, share it and/or pin it!  



Happy Healing!!! ~Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment